Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Faciltated systems battle for more soul too

In http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/2006/03/more-on-growth.html Bill Harris writes:

"When I was growing up, I had the impression that companies existed to provide goods and services for customers. I'm sure I was quite naive. I knew there was competition, but it seemed sufficient for most companies I encountered to do a good job at what they did; they didn't also have to grow at a constant CAGR to be successful." ..." Today, more and more are saying we've reached or exceeded the capacity of the earth to sustain society; perhaps these times call for a vastly different approach." and "Perhaps if we grew when (and because) we had a real contribution rather than because growth is expected, we'd be more likely to create a sustainable future for ourselves and our descendents."

In http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/2006/02/battle-for-soul-of-capitalism.html he also discusses John Bogle's book.

Thanks for the suggestions Bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home